Friday, August 26, 2016

Cutting wool tongues with my Accuquilt Studio cutter

52 Week UFO Challenge Project #35 - Changing ornaments into table runners

A few years ago I participated in a local Christmas Studio Tour and one of the things I was selling was felted wool tree ornaments. I must have made 40 of them, but I ran out of time and had quite a few cut out but never finished. 


I added these to my UFO list but didn't want to just finish them as they were. Instead I cut three rectangles of my cream wool and appliqued the mitten and stocking halves onto them. 



To finish the ends I wanted to add wool tongues and I have the BEST tool for cutting all of those tongues - my Accuquilt Studio Cutter and the Studio Tongue Rug die!!


Instead of having to cut all of these tongues by hand, I just have to cut strips of wool the appropriate width and place them on the die.


Next is the cutting mat.

Then you run it through the cutter and VOILA!! The tongues are cut!



I LOVE having the option of using my Accuquilt Studio Cutter to cut my wool applique shapes!! All of these tongues were cut in less than 20 minutes! When you are making three table runners you need A LOT of tongues!!


Tomorrow I'll show you how to place and stitch the tongues...


Accuquilt Sale Aug 2016

No comments: