Saturday, March 19, 2016

52 Week UFO Challenge - Project #16 - Passion Planner Covers

A couple years ago I exhibited in an artists studio tour and had some quilted mini agenda covers for sale. I had these two pieces leftover and  decided to make some quilted Passion Planner covers.
Oriental pieced section

Country colours pieced section
My first step was to load the pieced units on my Gammill and quilt them. I also mounted a section of my Northcott "Ambiance" fabric as well. For the Ambiance, I decided to quilt spirals, and for the other two, I chose my leaves and swirls.

Spirals on the Ambiance fabric

Leaves and Swirls quilting design
 The next step was to trim the quilting pieces into rectangles  12 1/4" x 19". I was able to cut two rectangles from each of my quilted pieces to make a total of six Passion Planner covers.

Quilted rectangle.
 The next step was to cut rectangles of fabric to make the inside flaps of the covers. Each inside flap is cut 9" x 12 1/4" and then folded in half to make a rectangle 12 1/4" x 4 1/2". I then pressed each of these rectangles and then pinned two of them to the inside of each each of the planner covers, aligning the raw edges.

One flap pinned to the inside front of the planner.
 The last step was to sew binding to the outside edges of each of the planners and then to slip the Passion Planner inside! The two flaps on each end of the cover hold it in place and provide two pockets to keep important papers.

The first finished planner cover,

The inside of planner cover #2



I've added these planner covers to my Fairfield Road Designs Etsy store - check them out here. UFO project #16 is done!

No comments: