Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And more Camelot quilts!!

Here are the final few projects that we made for Camelot Cottons. By the end of this job, Nellie and I were like a well oiled machine. We would meet for a couple hours to decide what to do with the fabric, to start cutting and piecing. Usually Nellie would finish piecing the top and then bring it to me for quilting. After quilting each quilt I would deliver it back to Nellie who would sew on the binding and hanging sleeve and then one of us would hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. All of the projects were finished and in the mail by April 22nd - the day before Nellie left for Toronto. Well, we've always said that we work well under pressure!!!
For the second colourway of the Bridgewater line we made a tablerunner, placemats and napkins - they turned out very festive.
This was my favourite quilt of all the projects we made this time - this Medallions fabric also comes in a red colourway as well as a green colourway but I LOVE this blue version - I wanted to keep this quilt!! But luckily we have some leftover fabrics, so I'm making a tablerunner for myself.

No comments: